Since 1997, Coastside Land Trust has worked to preserve open space from Montara to Half Moon Bay and beyond. CLT has acquired 143 parcels of land and holds 19 conservation easements along the coastline on both sides of Highway One.
Most people assume that the remaining open spaces in Half Moon Bay are already protected. However, large sections of these ocean bluff tops, including those next to the Coastal Trail, are still very vulnerable to development. This makes our work in acquiring and protecting these lands increasingly urgent.
CLT’s expenses for land acquisition involve research, title transfers, annual property taxes, legal fees, due diligence and operations. Costs for protecting acquired lands include restoration, conservation, property management, reporting and stewardship.
If you believe that the Coastside is worth protecting, you can help. Our work is supported by donations from individual donors who love the lands of the coast, and by foundations, and public agencies dedicated to protecting these imperiled lands. You can support our work with a tax-deductible one-time or recurring donation, by volunteering, or by donating land or a conservation easement. Coastside Land Trust is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit.
Together we can preserve the urban open space of the San Mateo County coast for generations to come.
How to donate:
- If you'd like to provide support for saving land as a CLT SUSTAINER every month, quarterly, or biannually via credit card, please email our Development Director at firstname.lastname@example.org to be set up on cyclical giving. All amounts go right to work! Please consider donations of $20, $50, $83 (per month makes $1,000 annual donation easy!), $100 or another amount.
- If you'd like to make a bequest or planned gift, donate stock or can provide a corporate matching gift please contact email@example.com or call (650) 726-5056.
- Please consider an annual donation by check or credit card of $35, $50, $75, $100, $250, $500, $1,000, $5,000 or another amount you prefer.
- You may direct your contribution toward a special honorary or memorial gift. We’ll send a nice card to the recipient you designate. Remember that your employer may match your gift, and double the value of your contribution.
- Consider making a donation of appreciated stock. We can accept a transfer directly from your brokerage firm to our Smith Barney account. This may have significant tax advantages to you; please consult with your tax advisor for details. Contact us for more information about donating stock.
You can donate your car, RV, or boat to Coastside Land Trust, and receive a tax deduction. We'll arrange to have your vehicle or boat picked up at no cost to you. When it is sold at auction, we will send you a letter with the vehicle's selling price for tax purposes.
- Free pick-up
- No hassle
- Tax deduction
- Any condition, running or not
To make (or learn more about making) a vehicle donation click here.
- Show your support for Coastside Land Trust with a T-shirt, hat, or mug — visit our CafePress store today!
You can make a tax-deductible gift to support Coastside Land Trust online via Google Wallet or PayPal, or by printing this form and mailing it to our office with your check. Checks may be mailed to:
PO Box 3205
Half Moon Bay, CA 94019
Only with your help can we sustain the open lands we all cherish.