If you are lucky enough to own land in Half Moon Bay, El Granada, Miramar, Moss Beach, Princeton-by-the-Sea, or Montara, consider making long-term conservation plans for your property.
We will work with you to clarify your individual goals for the property and help you to identify the specific techniques best suited to meeting those goals, given your financial and tax circumstances and your vision for the future of the land.
Working with Coastside Land Trust is a proven and effective way for landowners to safeguard land. For a confidential discussion about how we might work with you to protect your family’s lands, please contact us.
To learn more about how a land trust works, read our Frequently Asked Questions about land trusts.
In many cases, an outright donation of the parcel or the donation of a conservation easement on your land will provide permanent conservation and can offer you significant tax benefits.
Working with Landowners
Land trusts like the Coastside Land Trust provide a proven and effective mechanism for environmental conservation. We work closely with landowners to safeguard land.
- Speed and flexibility: As an independent nonprofit organization, Coastside Land Trust can respond quickly to landowners with flexibility and confidentiality.
- Local: Because Coastside Land Trust is local, we understand the issues and values of the local community, and can respond to individual needs of landowners.
- Professional: Coastside Land Trust has years of experience working with teams of legal, tax and real estate professionals involved in land transactions.
- Tax benefits: Coastside Land Trust’s nonprofit status can offer land donors significant tax benefits for their donation of conservation easements or conservation lands.
- Satisfaction in knowing: Coastside Land Trust works with landowners to protect their family’s lands… forever.